WE'LL DO IT AGAIN IN
The conference fee in 2016 was AU$880 (AU$800 + 10%GST), 2018 will be similar ??
The conference fee included bunk house share accommodation, all meals (and modest quantities of beer and wine) and ferry transfers from/to Brooklyn Hawkesbury River Station Wharf or Kangaroo Point Wharf.
THE PROGRAM ATTRACTED 9 FORMAL and 1 INFORMAL CPD HOURS - APPROVED BY THE INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS (REFUEL)
BOOKING AND PAYMENT
- Bookings for 2018 will be run through Eventbrite and payment will be by credit card via Paypal – Mastercard and Visa only.
- We will put the event up on Eventbrite when we have the speaker details and program.
TOTAL 150 PLACES
A WEEKEND OF GOOD PEOPLE AND GOOD ARCHITECTURE ALL TOGETHER
Hawkesbury River - Deep and Wide Water
Milson Island, Hawkesbury River
16 – 18 March 2018
Density + Community - Deerubbin 2018
we have yet to finalise the line-up of speakers for 2018
This event has differentiated itself from the big impersonal architecture conferences, where participants often end up 'hanging out' with their friends, do not meet other people, and never see the guest speakers who are whisked off to VIP events.
The 'all together' residential weekend format has ensured that all participants stay together and get a chance to meet each other and the guest speakers.
The Architecture Foundation Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has, since 2001, presented the annual Glenn Murcutt International Architecture Master Class, now attended by participants from over 80 countries. The Foundation has also presented an annual Architecture Student Summer School since 2005, and Master Classes in the Blue Mountains, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, Chile, and USA. It has toured the exhibition ‘Glenn Murcutt – architecture for place’ in Australia and internationally to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, Scotland, Slovenia and the USA, and has toured an exhibition of the works of Glenn Murcutt around Australia, and to Taipei, Vienna, Ljubljana, Brussels, Helsinki, Montreal, Glasgow and Phoenix.
In 2016 we succeeded in filling the island accommodation to its 150 person capacity.
THIS IS THE LIKELY 2018 PROGRAM
Friday 16 March
13.30 - Ferry pick up - Brooklyn Hawkesbury River Station
14.00 - Ferry pick up Kangaroo Point Wharf
15.00 - Arrive Milson Island
16.00 - Welcome Uncle Max Dulumunmun Harrison (if available)
17.30 - Drinks
18.30 - Dinner
20.00 - Speaker 1 Keynote
Saturday 17 March (St.Patrick's Day ! )
07.00 - Explore the Island
08.00 - Breakfast
09.00 - Speaker 2
10.00 - Speaker 3
11.00 - Break
11.45 - Speaker 4
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Speaker 5
15.00 - Break
15.30 - Speaker 6 Keynote
18.00 - Drinks
19.00 - Dinner
Event – Scotland Island Blues band (if available) – music and dancing?
Sunday 18 March
08.00 - Breakfast
09.30 - Speaker 7
10.30 - Break
11.00 - Speaker 9
12.45 - Lunch
14.15 - Ferry depart Milson Island
14.45 - Drop off Kangaroo Point
15.15 - Drop off Brooklyn Hawkesbury River Station
Lindsay Johnston will be convener and raconteur for the program
THESE ARE THE LIKELY DETAILS OF GETTING THERE AND BACK
By train Newcastle Central Coast Line (check timetable for current times and check for track works)
- Ferry depart Brooklyn Wharf, Hawkesbury River Station, Friday 13.30, return Sunday 15.15.
- Friday from Sydney train from Central Station to Hawkesbury River
- Sunday from Hawkesbury River to Central Station Sydney
- Friday from Hamilton (Newcastle), arrive Hawkesbury River
- Sunday from Hawkesbury River change at Gosford or Wyong arrive Hamilton (Newcastle)
By road Newcastle Freeway M1 (F3) or Old Pacific Highway
- Ferry departs Kangaroo Point Ferry Wharf, Friday 14.00, returns Sunday 14.45
- From Sydney take M1 (F3) northbound, take Mooney Mooney exit just north of Hawkesbury River bridge, go under freeway to Old Pacific Highway, then right and back south over old road bridge, then Kangaroo Point is first road on left, signposted.
- From the north, take M1 (F3) and take Mooney Mooney exit just after the 90kph speed limit zone and go right over the old road bridge, then Kangaroo Point is first road on left, signposted.